For an industry specific resume, please contact me with information about the position: firstname.lastname@example.org
ROBERT G. BUTLER, Ph.D.
Northern New Jersey
PRINCETON-EDUCATED SCIENTIFIC BUSINESS CONSULTANT, COMBUSTION CHEMIST AND ENGINEER WITH 5+YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- Able to analyze business plans, patent literature, plant facilities, scientific presentations, technical papers to determine investment valuations.
- Extensive experience in process analytical technology using in-line, at-line and off-line analysis.
- Provided training on AAS, FT-IR, GC/FID, GC/MS, HPLC, H1-NMR and UV-Vis.
- Expertise in experimental design and kinetic modeling.
- Adept at interfacing instrumentation for reaction optimization.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Correctly predicted stock price growth of scientific companies saving investors millions of dollars.
- Determine specifications for analytical instrumentation systems, solicited quotes, optimized configuration, selected suppliers.
- Developed profitable system for Green Hydrogen generation.
- Developed hydrocarbon oxidation model to predict evolving chemical systems and minimize pollutants.
- Led team validation of spectroscopic methods for ground and river water analysis.
2001 - Present
Scientific Business Consultant specializing in the areas of Energy and the Environment. NY, NY.
- Analyzed engineering, investment and marketing strategies to assess the viability of scientific business ventures.
- Analyzed of the Industrial Goods sector and the competitive position of Hazardous Waste Management technology companies in that sector, provided predictions of the long term stock price behavior of NASDAQ listed companies, saving investors millions of dollars.
- Redesigned unprofitable chemical manufacturing schemes to produce profitable systems.
- Advised companies on the viability of their business plans and the likelihood of their obtaining investment capital at favorable terms.
- Analyzed technologies and patent portfolios as to their potential contribution to owner's bottom line.
- In partnership with Silverberg Consulting (experts in the medical and pharmaceutical industries) we write and re-write executive summaries and business plans that increase the interest of investors.
- Consistently received improved faculty and student evaluations.
- Maintained and repaired state of the art analytical equipment.
- Improved chemical hygiene and laboratory safety.
- Significantly improved studentsí scientific report writing skills.
INSTRUMENTATION AND COMPUTER SKILLS
M.S.E., Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Princeton University, 1992. Thesis: "A Flow Reactor Study of the Oxidation of 1,3 Cyclopentadiene." Advisor: Professor Irvin Glassman.
AWARDS AND HONORS 1993 Merck-Patchett Summer Fellowship. 1989 Daniel and Florence Guggenheim Fellowship. 1989 Princeton University Prize. 1988 Concordia university: Honors Chemistry, Minor in Mathematics, Graduated with Distinction.
REFERENCE Available on request.